"I am a huge advocate of writing things down! So that would be the first place I would start is to grab a notebook and pen.
Clarify and create an intention:
- Ask yourself what do I want to achieve by helping children?
- What am I passionate about?
- What type of children's programs have I been interested in the past?
- When I read stories in the paper - what topics touch my heart?
- Close your eyes and imagine yourself helping children - what are you doing? Describe what you are doing and the way it feels helping...
Register with the Volunteer action centres in your city - these are matching services to help you get connected with not for profit organizations.
Good Luck! and Congratulations - volunteering can be a wonderful rich experience!!"